Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Eleven Rules of an Entrepreneur

You live and die by the standards you create for yourself in life

"The chess-board is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of Nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us."


Who is a successful entrepreneur?

1. Determined: I will succeed no matter what because I always stick to my goals until they are achieved.

(Tip: Determination means never taking 'no' for an answer and never ever saying you'll give up.)


2. Resilient: I can bounce back and start again no matter what obstacle, pain, disappointment and emotional misfortune I might encounter.

(Tip: To overcome defeat, remember where you started and how far it took you to reach where you are now. Remember the mistakes you made in the past and how much wiser you are today.)


3. Focused: I will let nothing and no-one stand in my way and will summon all my energy and channel it into achieving my goals. I will never lose track of what it is I am aiming for in life.

(Tip: Always keep a monthly diary and evaluate what you have achieved and how far you have come on a monthly basis.)


4. Driven: I will consistently push myself to my limits to achieve my dreams.

(Tip: Nothing in life is free and nothing comes easy. It is through pain that we realize our limits and by knowing this, we can only get stronger.)


5. Courageous: I know how to take risks because I fear no one.

(Tip: Evaluate each risk by assessing the possible gains and losses. Develop a strategy and determine the stake you will win and how high you have to climb before you reap the rewards. Remember with every risk you take, you must ask yourself this: Is it worth it and what are the consequences I may have to face?)


6. Persistent: I will always keep going even when the going gets tough.

(Tip: If the tough keeps getting tougher and it seems as if you are not going very far very fast, redefine your strategy and plan and look at alternative routes towards your end goal.)


7. Charismatic: I have the ability to charm anything and anyone.

(Tip: You must create a strong reputation for yourself. Reputation is everything. Guard it with everything you have in you and more.)

8. Strong: I WILL ALWAYS find the survival instinct within MYSELF to keep going even when my will feels feeble and my body has failed me.

(Tip: Remember your strength is locked within your mindset and by believing you are a champion you will become a champion. Never assume the role of a victim; always maintain control, by appearing strong and powerful. People treat you according to how you act. If you act like a victim you will be treated like one.)

9. Achievement-driven: I will make sure that every step I make leads to reward, recognition and achievement of all my goals.

(Tip: This can often be something as simple as congratulating yourself for a job well done.)

10. Full of self-belief: I believe in the impossible because I will never give up until the impossible is achieved.

(Tip: Remember that there is always a way to achieve what you want if you are absolutely committed to achieving it. Try thinking laterally!)

11. Proud: I will stand tall no matter what the circumstances because I am proud, strong, intelligent, confident and powerful.

(Tip: You must put a value on yourself. Like everything in life, you must state your price and stick to it. Create you own unique selling point that will justify your price. Make yourself irreplaceable.)

"Really, the fundamental, ultimate mystery -- the only thing you need to know to understand the deepest metaphysical secrets -- is this: that for every outside there is an inside and for every inside there is an outside, and although they are different, they go together."


0 comments:

Post a Comment